Well everything is going good. Its been about two weeks since I won my first National Championship and I still go to sleep in disbelief. Its hard to sleep because you continue to relive the moment and even in my dreams I still hear the crowd cheering and people saying "wow" as they too, are shocked at the guy heading to the finish line with a large lead on the field. I have come to the conclusion that every time that I have had constant dreams of races I have usually done pretty well. Its almost as if I have lived the race situation 100 times before the race actually goes off so when I line up for the Championship I already know what to do to win (in a sense). I remember back when I made my first national team for Track and Field. I wanted very badly to make the National team, which was scheduled to compete in the Pan American Games. Every run, every workout, all I thought about was the qualifying race at the USA National Championship. I knew I could make the team and my mind wouldn't let me think otherwise. I lived my dream in reality making my first National team placing 2nd at the Junior National Track and Field Championships.
Well enough on my post Championship thoughts. I recently came into contact with a guy in Europe who runs a very popular distance running website http://www.runinternation.eu/. Hendrik B. resides in the beautiful country of Austria. His last name is known as Cooper here in the States, but his true name is a bit difficult to write here in the US because the "o" has the two dots relative to the German language. I kinda like that "o" and wish my name had it as well haha. The site Hendrik has put together offers information in English, which if you are like me with no knowledge of Slovenian or German then the website is Golden! Its hard enough to find races in Europe being that its so far away, but add in the fact that many of the sites in Europe are written in their national language and you have even more of a dilemma. So Hendrik is doing a great job uniting countries. He offers a couple features on his website that I found resourceful. If you click on one of his links titled "speak!" you can learn how to say a few things in 6 different languages for example, if you needed to know if you were required to pay an entry fee you could check Italian and see that entry fee in Italian is "quota di iscrizione" or in Slovenian, "štartnina". Pretty cool I know. I love studying languages so it was pretty interesting to look at all the different ways to say things in different languages. Below is an interview my new friend Hendrik and I had, which is now on his website. Check out his site along with the interview!
http://runinternational.eu/interviews/73-2009/211-interview-joseph-gray
No comments:
Post a Comment