A few more pics here, and a few videos from the race Mountain Challenge race, where I went on to break the long standing record.

The counselors battling it out in the peach eating contest.

The camp party was much better than it was years ago when I was a little camper. We probably had 80 kids dancing this year compared to only like 20 when I came in High School

At the end of the skit we sung "Afternoon Delight". Not sure if any of the kids actually understood the song. "Sky rockets in flight, afternoon delight", "Gonna find my baby gonna hold her tight, gonna grab some afternoon delight". Yeah the song is pretty explicit, but the actual meaning is pretty well hidden with words like "rocket" and "afternoon delight", yeah right
haha.

Dan and I here with the group in the background. The last time I came to this camp Dan and I were in High School years ago, good memories. There is a pretty prestigious award amongst the campers titled "Outstanding Camper". I was actually in the running to win this award when I attended camp, but one late night I made plans to hangout with a friend of mine a few buildings down. I made the dumb mistake of climbing on the roof and running across to meet up. On the way back I was caught by a counselor, thus losing out on the award. The funny thing is we all laugh about it now, but back then, I was pretty down on myself about it because even for an immature High School runner, I knew that was a dumb thing to do. You know how it is when you are young though, you believe you can get away with anything.
On this second clip we were about half way up. This run feels like forever as pretty much the last half is a scramble and you have to veer in and out of groups of walkers up the mountain as well. A little bit of rain had made some of the softer sections of the course muddy so that made going for the record that much harder. In the end I got the record by about 18 seconds. During no other point of the camp did I notice altitude, but this day I felt it hit me hard about 5 minutes into the run.
No comments:
Post a Comment