![]() |
| En-route to winning the Mt. Washington Road Race |
I'm kind of late with this, but oh well here it is. This year I was given the great title of 2014 USA Mountain Runner of the Year Award! For those who knew the great Lyndon Ellefson (And for those that don't), the award is respectfully named after him and is also known as the "Lyndon Ellefson Memorial Award".
This marks the 5th time in my career I have received this great honor and honestly I was just as excited about my 5th as I was about my first time winning the award. 2014 was very special to me in that I was able to compete at and win races I had failed numerous times at while also winning and setting course records at races I had never raced before. I was once told that you can accomplish any dream if you never give up on chasing them. Motivational statements like these are used too often and despite being clear, its quite arbitrary at the same time. However, in this case I continually chased accomplishments I knew were within reach until finally, I reached some goals in 2014 that have haunted me the last years. I look now only to improve upon these feats and chase new ones as 2015 approaches..
Couldn't have done it without my great family, friends and a great host of sponsors like Mio, SCOTT Sports, Garden of Life, Cathey Chiropractic, Spenco, Beet Elite, Club Northwest, and SOS Rehydrate!
If you want to check out the article and have a glance at all of the other spectacular end of the year awards from the Mountain/Ultra/Trail world here is the link: http://www.examiner.com/article/usatf-s-mountain-ultra-trail-council-announces-runners-of-the-year
Also take a moment to read about Lyndon Ellefson whom was a great ambassador to mountain sports and talented mountain runner: http://juneauempire.com/stories/072398/runner.html
Next up, I will recap my trip to Hong Kong with photos from my winning Vertical Kilometer and course record on the outlying island of Lantau!
Twitter: @joegeezi


2 comments:
Congrats Joe!!!! Well deserved!!!!
Awesome! Congratulations!
Post a Comment