Thursday, November 20, 2014

Boulder Running Company Colorado Springs Spenco and SOS Rehydrate Event

 This past Wednesday I had the great honor of leading the group run from the Boulder Running Company store in Colorado Springs, and also the opportunity to share some great sponsor products with the local running community. I always tell people "I'm not a sales man."  I do not like the idea of selling a product just for the sake of selling and making an extra penny. I believe in promoting products that you truly believe in. Having to lie or fabricate benefits of products are situations I see many athletes take part in. Not tooting my horn, but this is not for me and you won't EVER see me promoting something I don't truly believe is both beneficial and worth its cost. That is why this event was set up. I truly believe in the benefits of SOS Rehydrate and Spenco Medical products. Both companies provide me with what I refer to as the "3 R's": Recovery, Replenish, and Repeat. Being able to recover (Spenco Insoles and Sandals=Allow the feet to recover at a faster rate) to continue a steady workload when building base and fitness requires athletes to also replenish (SOS=Electrolytes) their bodies in order to repeat the process for greater gains long term.
 Spenco Medical and SOS Rehydrate are two of my sponsors who helped make this event possible, and I would like to thank them for their help and product donations! Spenco provided some giveaways in the form of free Total Support Insoles as well as Sandals! Spenco was also kind enough to provide some pizza for us hungry trail goats post-run. SOS Rehydrate provided enough SOS for everyone to test out, and some extras to take home!
 Not everything was given. Runners had to earn some products by guessing trivia questions. Some as easy as: What's the world largest Island? To some difficult trivia such as: What is the plastic end of a shoelace called? Don't look it up on google, try to answer that!
 I'd also like to thank Cody Hill for allowing to use his shop for this event, and I hope to connect for more events in the future. So, if you are around the area, keep your eyes posted on my website and Twitter (@joegeezi) pages for updates and event venues!

No comments: