Saturday, March 21, 2009

Resolution Run Series Finale

Today the Resolution run series came to an end for the 2009 series. I entered the 5k this time around, which was a first for me ever in all the years I have run random races at the series. This year was unique in that I actually completed the series. Most years that I had competed in the series I ran the first race on January 1st for a workout then I had to head back to college before the next race of the series even came about. So, this year I won the mile races and settled for the 5k along with a small workout afterwards to prepare me for my upcoming race in seattle where I will be attempting to break a meet record in a 5k on the track. The record, although, not strong at 14:17, will be a challenge. The fact that the record was run with competition pushing the pace makes the record a bit stiffer as I will most likely be running alone unless I can convince some other fast local guys to come and go for a good time with me, which I may do. Regardless of competition, I think I can run alone and still break 14:10. Well thats all from me today, I gotta get some rest and gear up for a long season!

No comments: