Saturday, January 31, 2009

First Indoor race of 2009

Well just got back from my first indoor race in 2 years and the first for the 2009 track season for me. I ran ok. I have been battling a cold or something, I have had a fever and sore throat so my energy has been sapped for a few days now. Already I knew I wouldn't run anything spectacular due to how I felt. Nevertheless, I went to the UW track today and put my heart and guts into that race despite how I felt and ended up coming out of the race with a few positives. I was able to hang on in the race after coming through the mile feeling like crap and even outkicked a few guys to finish in a new personal record of 8:13. This race gives me confidence that with a little rest I may be able to qualify for the USA indoor track championships in the 3k. I will be running the 5k on the same track in a few weeks so I'm hoping to run alot faster and feel a lot smoother as well. So wish me luck! I will be up against some really fast guys so if I want to be competitive I will have no choice but to run fast. As of now I'm shooting for a 13:56 in the 5k!!!

No comments: