Wednesday, November 18, 2015

6-Time USA Mountain Runner of the Year

My 6th time garnering the 'USA Mountain Runner of the Year' Title and I'm just as pumped as the first time!! I first won in 2008 and continued 3 consecutive years. After a gap I have now won USA runner of the year for mountain running 3 consecutive times yet again! A great time to reflect and be thankful for all the support from my friends, family and sponsors, you know who you are!!

Also a great time to reflect back on the man the award is named after...Lyndon Ellefson, a great pioneer for the sport who really got INVOLVED. He was not a bench warmer who sat back and let things develop around him, he was ...on numerous committees for mountain running related sports and he himself also an accomplished mountain runner...My hat goes off to him and I wish I could have met him in person. Honored to take home this award tied to such a great ambassador!

Congrats also to the winners of the other awards as well, saw a lot of familiar faces in there!
Cheers to the people who made it all possible including my coach, sponsors, many great race directors from around the globe, family, close friends and of course my best friend/Wife!

                                        #Back2Back2Back


‪http://trailrunner.com/trail-news/usatf-mut-council-announces-2015-runners-of-the-year/


Special THANK YOU: Mio Global, Spenco Medical and SCOTT

No comments: