Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Winter 2012

Starting off 2012 with a different approach than most of my past years of training. This year I have alot more miles behind the old legs and I have started to focus on my nutrition a lot more. As many know I have a huge problem with dessert, I love eating massive amounts of dessert and stuffing my face like its my last meal. This is horrible for your body and I know that. Also I have started to make sure I refuel with Raw Protein from Garden of Life after tough workouts to make sure that I not only provide my body with the protein necessary to build and repair muscles after hard workouts but also the enzymes in Raw protein aid the body in digestion and breaking down the huge molecules of protein so that they can be easily used for muscle repair. There are no synthetic ingredients in Raw Proteain that are seen in most proteins/supplements across the boards so that means less toxins in the body which=better performance for me.

I recently returned from the great state of California for the Carlsbad Half Marathon. It was a nice break to get out of the ice and snow for a few days. The snow has definitely hampered my training a bit, but after my 1:05:19 showing on a hilly, windy day in Southern California I can say that I didn't lose much fitness running 10 minute miles in the snow and ice all week. The race went out fairly hard. I settled in about 6-7th place and as we hit the hills and the wind I started moving up through the pack gradually. The last 10k was pretty quick as I had 3 guys within striking distance. Two from Ethiopia and one Kenyan. As we neared the line I knew I'd have to settle for Top American of the day but, 4th overall. Considering my training, I'm happy with the finish as my first race of the New Year and what better way to scrape the dust off the racing legs than in sunny California. Next up is the USA Cross Country National Championships in St. Louis, Missouri. I will be going for my 9th USA National Team so keep an eye open for me!


Here is an ad in the Extraordinary Health Magazine Volume 14! Can usually be found at local health food stores or supplement shops.

No comments: