Monday, February 7, 2011

Departure to Japan

こんにちは!!!

I'm at the airport currently counting down the minutes until I fly out to Japan to compete in the World Snow Shoe Invitational Championship. If you want to follow the event i.e. pics and videos and results to follow check out the website here. Training has been good I have been able to get on the snow shoes a bit with one race to prepare last month. Unfortunately we have had pretty warm weather so I don't know how the -9 degrees celcius will feel on top of the mountains we will ascend in Myoko Kogen. The race will dance around the base of a popular mountain in the Myoko Kogen resort area before ascending up one of the peaks in the mountain area and descending back down to the finish for a total of 15-16 kilometers (About 9.3-10 Miles).

I have a few items on my bucket list I will try to go for while in Japan, the biggest one to eat some yaki udon from the country it was founded. Very nervous about my Japanese, I don't think I studied enough so hopefully when I arrive I will get lucky and find my way around...Pray for me...seriously. Definitely looking forward to trying miso soup and checking out some of the ancient Temples in the area. Definitely gonna do some explorying of this area here and checkout out various peaks around Myoko-San which sits at an altitude of 2,454 meters! I will update the website on my trip and also race reviews soon...

平和、愛、そして幸福




Peace, love and happiness

No comments: