In the past I never really thought getting massages on a regular could be beneficial. I figured I was running pretty good why get regular massage therapy? After taking a visit to Behive Massage therapy just one time and getting worked on by the knowledgeable Heidi Johnson, L.M.P. in downtown Tacoma my mind began to drift away from my old thoughts about massage therapy. I had been dealing with a bit of pain in my upper quad, which put a damper on my workouts. The day after the massage I noticed that I was able to lift a lot better and nice and limber on my feet as I ran through the slippery switchbacks of Fort Steilacoom.
In the middle of that very same workout I decided it was time for a change and I have been working with Heidi every since. I have been able to attain two consecutive USA Mountain Runner of the Year Awards since working with Heidi and have seen improvements in my overall range of motion which in turn have also lead to new personal records in the past two years.
If you are an athlete or just someone looking to get massage therapy Behive Massage Therapy offers a range of different types of therapy including: Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue, Pregnancy Massage, and Sports Massage.
Check out her website and if you are in town or have the time to drop in and get a massage it would definitely be beneficial and worth your time!
No comments:
Post a Comment