I have never seen a black squirrel before so give me a break.
3rd Beach in Stanley Park!
The one and only Alessandra from Turin out to support the growth of Snow shoeing and also the Italian Snow Shoe racing scene here at the World Invite. Very nice lady and also very funny, looking forward to her recipe for Gnocchi ai Quattro Formaggi.
Here with the winner of the World Invite on the Seabus heading to downtown Vancouver to check out the celebrations. I had to remove all of my national team stuff from USA as the Canadians didn't like that too much the nights prior heading into the Gold medal game with USA vs. Canada. I was smart, I wore a Norwegian hat, so I was neutral. People were alot nicer, they would come up to me and say "wow Norway did really well this year for such a small country." I guess that response is much better than what I got when I had my Team USA jacket on.
The guy in the pic (Antonio) sorta looks like Jesus huh? I told him that and he laughed. I'm guessing he has heard this before. He is a very down to earth guy, intriguing. A true world traveler as well. Speaks a bit of English, Italian, and some French as well. It amazes me how many languages people speak in other countries. Antonio truly ran a great race, a respectable one as well. He ran aggressive the whole way, as a competitor you have to respect the fact that he made the race honest from the gun.
Say hello to Quatchi, the Vancouver Olympics mascot. From his hobbies I can tell he is Canadian, he loves Hockey, encourages friends to take journeys across Canada hmmm...need I say more? The other little guy next to the phone is another mascot for the Games named Miga. In total there must have been about 3 mascots, so Canada must have been trying to set two records this Olympics (Gold medals & # of mascots).
From the downtown Vancouver side of Lions Gate viewing the North Shore.
Jono W. and I before the ride up the Gondola to the race site.
After arriving downtown right across from the Olympic Village!
One of the many artsy locations in the city during the Olympics.
If you put your glasses on, you can see out in the water, the Olympic rings lit up. I probably should have taken this pic at night. I guess there was some sort of Helicopter ride where tourists were able to get a close look at the Olympic rings, I wonder how much that costs. Actually I don't because I probably couldn't afford it anyway. I thought the rings looked just fine from where I was. No need to get a face to face with the rings for a few hundred bucks.
Well back to training, next I will be on the road again looking to get some new PR's....
No comments:
Post a Comment