So far the winter has been pretty mild. No snow yet so that's always a plus, but a few cold nights here and there and RAIN RAIN RAIN as usual. I have really become numb to rain after living in WA for so many years. Night is starting to take over quite early, so that means workouts with the lights off occasionally. Thankfully, it has not been too messy out at night.
Racing has been good, I got a chance to run a trail race in the process of getting ready for a big Trail race I plan to do in December where I will be running in Hawaii!!! How is that for a change in weather?!? With Thanksgiving coming up I was able to save a few $$$ by winning an 18 pound turkey! Sorry, food always excites me. I might have to deep fry this years turkey as I have heard they are delicious when deep fried.
I also see that I'm starting to get visitors from all over the WORLD, that's pretty crazy. I didn't think of myself as that interesting, but its good to see the support from all over. Leave comments people let me know what you think!
Other news, this made my day by the way, Austria has just added a new system of deterring dopers in sports. Here is a bit from the article (link below):
"Austrian athletes found guilty of doping could face a jail term of up to 10 years following new laws to be put before parliament. The nation’s sports and justice ministers announced on Monday that amendments to the national fraud act will make the use of performance enhancing drugs in competition a criminal offence for the first time."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/austria-to-introduce-doping-prison-term
Like I said this totally made my day, its good to see one country look at doping seriously (as it should). I think I will race more in Austria from now on! More countries need to get on board and start doing more random testing, tracking athletes better, and creating stronger penalties. As many elite athletes know, temptation to dope is inevitable and some athletes are in fact dirty and choose to take short cuts to success. Unfortunately, countless doped athletes slip through the hands of WADA and their respective countries' doping control. I hope for the sake of all sports this ongoing issue comes to a sudden halt. It seems to be making progress...
On a random note, I recently heard Tom Cochrane's song "Life is a Highway" on a commercial. I've been doing a good amount of driving the past few weeks and I thought to myself, "Why would anyone want to ride, of all places, a HIGHWAY, all day long"? Highways are so boring and if you're tired, the comfortable vibrations of the road mixed with long straight roads, mesmerizing white lines, and music make it easy to nod off on the wheel. Or maybe I misinterpreted the song, who knows
No comments:
Post a Comment