After the race, I stuck around town for a bit and went on a little run from Austria to Germany. Don't be thrilled, it was only like 3 miles if that to cross the border, but a very beautiful run. Bregenz and the surrounding towns near the Bodinsee offer very nice trails and mountain paths. A mountain runners paradise. The next day I headed out for an adventure across Germany and hunting for some genuine German cuisines! My first stop was Munich. As soon as you get off the train you can feel the life this city has to offer. People scrambling everywhere, everyone energetic and happy. For what? Well after a few minutes of walking down the main strip I too developed a grin and instantly became lifted with energy. Music is being played by groups and/or individuals and being the Octoberfest is starting soon, the beer gardens were packed, full of beer lovers, meat lovers, and those who enjoyed both. I hung around a bit and tried a number of foods. First, I went with the normal Brautwurst with spicy mustard. Next I went straight across the area to a small shop for a curry Braut. I ended up loving this the most and got two more! Next, the bakeries! My favorite thing about Germany is definitely the bakeries. Everything tastes fresh and looks as if it were just prepared.
After spending tons of money on food in Munich, this only continued as I shot toward Nurnberg where again I searched for some "authentic" food. I came across two people walking about, they directed me to a restaurant about a mile from the train station. I was shocked to find they did not make anything with curry, no brauts, no fries, ahhhh. I was in luck, they made a very famous cordon blue, and it was very worth the fame I might add.
After a short nap in Nurnberg I headed to the airport and Frankfurt was the last destination of the trip....
No comments:
Post a Comment