
Today I completed my 3 races necessary to win the resolution run series over here in my area. I was pretty tired coming into the race with two workouts this week. So this last race of the series as were the past races, was used as a tempo effort.

I went out pretty even all throughout the race until about the 5 mile mark. I felt a cramp building up in my tummy and I felt it the rest of the way and that kinda kept me focused on getting to the finish line as fast as I could when I could surge in between the cramps. I noticed that the ground was a little slick today as the temperatures were a bit lower than usual in the morning here. On the way over to the race this morning I noticed that my windshield had a layer of ice clouded all over. It didn't help that I slept past my alarm for the first time in my life today so it put me into such a rush to get to the race that I had to drive with ice on the windshield, a bit dangerous!!! At the awards
ceremony I had seen a few people getting their awards and the overall winner of the 15k race, which also was run today picked up a
trophy that had a weird lighting to it. When I went up to get my
trophy I had to check it out like a little kid in a candy store. The trophy had a switch where there were 3 or 4 different lighting settings ranging from a basic light with multi colors, to full on strobe light with flashing colors up and down the trophy. So, I must say that made the experience of running 15 long miles in the cold with a cramp worthwhile. (: Now that its done its time to get to some much needed yard work and car cleaning so I will update you soon! Next up is the trail race in
California! The photos above are from my new Team that I will be running under for mountain and trail races this coming year. So far every race I have had with their gear I have won so pretty excited for future races!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment