Tuesday, September 23, 2008

More pics from overseas

My support crew in Switzerland! Thanks Monika for the great dinner and wines!!!
Holdin a nice well deserved check after the Norwegian race

This was the awards ceremony after the race in Loen, Norway. Was pretty good awards ceremony, beyond the fact that half the words were in Norwegian and Im not that great at it yet.


Rickey and I hangin at the water before the dinner. Rickey had the beers floatin in the water to get cool because we didnt have a fridge in the room. Go figure, we get a super nice room, sauna, spa, therapeudic showers, and great dining area, but rooms didnt have fridges.



Here is a photo after the race in Norway. As you can see its warm here, at the top snow and very cold temps, but near the middle pretty warm. The races in Norway pretty much require you to walk down the mountain being that most of their mountains do not have paved roads leading to the top, so we had a nice 2-3 hour long trek back down. Not to mention I followed Rickey for a crazy ski experience. We skied down a mountain part way as a short cut, which was my first ski experience. I can tell you, it was scary enough for me to say I never want to really ski.




This photo was about part way down from the mountain, still cold though so we were all fully clothed at the time. This group of fellas walked down with me and I later found out that they are great cross country skiers, like big timers for the youth and junior divisions.





Rickey and I hangin out on top of Skaala.






A nice view huh, you can almost see out hotel from here. The top of this mountain was so pretty, by far prettier than the other areas I visited this summer







Here with Mr. Tvedt, a good friend of mine now. Happens to be a master, and awesome mountain runner. He is Norways best mountain runner by far.








No comments: